Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Card - Finished Product

Well...the cards have been sent out, and if you haven't received it yet, blame it on the post man!!

So, here's what I did.

I knew I wanted to a simple design, especially since I was designing them myself using only Microsoft Word 2010. 

I started by getting a cute stitching border in the right size and color, and spacing out the page to have four equal parts.





I already knew what I was going to write, so I found a font and size I liked, built out the shapes I wanted and...



Here's a close up of one (although it's still not very clear).  It reads "Hang a shining star upon the highest bough..."



Then we move to the back.  Continued with the simple is better theme and here's what we've got.



"...and Have Yourself a Merry little Christmas now".

Then comes times to cut, jazz up, sign and send.  So ran to Michaels and Staples to grab a paper cutter, some gold glittery stars, and proper sized envelopes.  Gathered supplies (including a tasty Pumpkin beer -- this was over Thanksgiving weekend, afterall...) and got to work.



Here they are cut and ready for a quick personal note and some fun, multi-size stars!


And here's one jazzed up and ready to go (I had switched to warm cider by now).


They were so fun to do.  I wonder what next year's will look like...


And just for fun, here's a picture of the Dixie girl with Auntie Fee in matching field coats.


Makes me smile everytime I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment