Friday, October 12, 2012

Game Plan

Well friends, it's a new chapter.  I am moving into my first-ever solo apartment on Swann Street, with just my stuff and The Dixie Dog.



It's a much needed chance for me to start fresh.  Now's the time to actually step up and be what I've said I've wanted to be for sometime now: be independent, be creative, be active, be responsible, be a good friend, be honest, be fun!  I am bursting with excitement.

I've attempted to keep a blog at least 5 times , and well...this is it.  I either want to do this and will, or I don't want to, and need to stop trying.  Why pretend like I want to do something if I'm not willing to actually do it?

So here's the game plan.  I'm going to attempt to have a "schedule" of blog themes for each day to help get me started.  I got this idea from an old college friend, Trish, who's attempting to blog again too.  Check her out.  If it turns out I'd rather blog about other things, I'll just do that.  This is just to get me going.

Monday: What Actually Happened (Last Week)/What's Supposed to Happen (This Week)
A recap of the week prior, plus the upcoming week's schedule and hopes/dreams.  May seem redundant, but, let's be real: plans fall through and projects can go unfinished.  Hopefully this keeps me both on track and is a place to remember all the fun things I did on any given week.




Tuesday: Garb Gab
Something fashion related.  I love reading others' blogs about high end fashion, like dream worthy Prada (ugh, see below) but, I am far too practical (and broke) to do anything but drool.  I am actually curious to see if these posts turn into a lust/wish list of designer goodies, or perhaps it will showcase what I actually do buy, and how I attempt to incorporate inexpensive pieces to pull off a high end look.  We'll see!



Wednesday: Home Improvement (Renter's Addition)/Interior Design Goodness
This may be my favorite post of the week.  I love home improvement projects and am basically obsessed with all things DIY.  Walking into home depot makes me feel like I can conquer the world (or just build a house, but you know what I mean).  Not all projects are super major -- in fact, there is a lot of painting (and re-painting) furniture -- but they are all fun and I am so happy while doing them.  I also enjoy interior design.  I love how people find "home" in so many different styles.



Tory Burch's Living Room (Vogue)


Crazy Pink Modern Living Room


Thursday: Money Matters
Chatter on budgeting, saving, and spending.  I'm a big girl now and need to get my finances in check.  I was raised by parents that saved.  Always.  I'm not sure how, but somewhere over the last few years I lost my discipline and started spending too much -- never more than I had, but too much nonetheless.  It's time to get smart and start saving for an emergency fund and other big things like a down payment on a house.  These may seem like obvious things (they are obvious to me!), but again, I need to stop saying it and start doing it.  Now, with ginormous rent payment and being fed up for living paycheck to paycheck, I need to make sure I stay on top of my financial goals.



Friday: Wild Card!
Last but not least, this will be a post about whatever the heck I want it to be about!  Maybe it's something new in the neighborhood, or a movie review.  Or maybe it's just a word of the day or a picture of something that makes me happy.  Maybe it's a recipe I can't wait to try or some exciting news from friends.  Who knows?!  That's why it's call a wild card!




Like I said, I'm bursting with excitement.  I can't wait for 2013 to be my clean break.  It starts now. 

Here we go!



No comments:

Post a Comment