Monday, October 15, 2012

What Actually Happened/What's Supposed to Hapen (Week of October 15)

What Actually Happened:
This weekend is a classic example of plans not working out the way you expect.  I was planning a quiet, relaxing Friday night in anticipation of Gigi's bachelorette night on Saturday.  I figured Saturday night would be pretty crazy, but was hoping nonetheless to head to Eastern Market on Sunday to pick out a pumpkin to carve.

Not so much.  A wild Friday night indeed!  Checked out both Shannon and Megan's new pads in Chinatown and Arlington, respectively; checked out Megan's wedding photos from the amazing Nick Donner; hit the bars in Clarendon; had a little too much, so I crashed at Alina's.  Saturday, Alina and I just chilled and cleaned her house before all the gals came over, got dolled up and hit up Clarendon for dinner and a night out.  Two nights in Arlington in a row!!  What?!? 



A 5 a.m. bedtime (yikes!) meant a lazy Sunday at Alina's, until I could finally stand and made my way back to Adams Morgan.  It was unseasonably warm and gorgeous, so I grabbed a bottle of wine (just keep the booze train going...), and Patrick and I caught up over a stroll to Meridian Hill Park.  There was this big drum circle going on, which was really interesting and fun.  Finally, headed to Mellow Mushroom for some pizza pie and then home to just crash.  Whew.  Not quite the weekend plan, but I can't complain -- it was awesome seeing so many friends.

What's Supposed to Happen:
Monday - Dinner in Oakton with the folks to pick up The Dixie Dog.
Tuesday - Grocery store and chill.
Wednesday - Happy Hour with Fee.
Thursday - Reagan Building Happy Hour Event
Friday - Pregame in Adams Morgan, perhaps?
Saturday - Gigi's to help her clean out her closet.  If not that, Camp.
Sunday - Camp either way.  Time to pack up the car!!


Aside: I realized while writing this post that should other people read this -- how boring for them!  This theme may need to change sooner than I thought, but for now, I'm keeping it so I just stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment