Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Home Improvement (Polished Brass Coffee Tables - Classy or Tacky?)

You might have noticed in my living room layout plan that the coffee and side tables have a polished brass frame.  (The tables I used in the layout picture are not the ones I am using at Swann Street, but it gives you the right idea.  This seems to be a common theme on this here blog.)

Anyway, my mom keeps telling me to paint the shiny brass because she thinks it looks tacky and cheap.  And I must say I don't fully disagree.  I can think of some nasty brass light fixtures that need a whole lot more than love.

But I think there are ways in which is can look super girly, modern and just plain awesome. 

Examples:

OK so this one isn't super polished, shiny brass, but I love how the art plays off the table.
And that velvety goodness...



Soothing, sorta beachy.





 Again the art -- love that the sculptures/vases on the shelf play off the shiny table.






This one is my favorite!! 
Love the hot pink splash, and am definitely trying to steal the vibe of this look.

So what do you think?  Hip and cool or old and tacky?

(Duh, I'll post pictures of my place when it's set up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment