Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Garb Gab (A Big Closet Clean Out)

So during the bachelorette night in Arlington, Gigi asked if I could help her clean out her closet, a task she had not done in eight, I repeat, EIGHT years.  It was necessary.

It looked a lot like this, but messier.

So after running errands with Mami on Saturday morning, Geeg and I got to it!  We started around 3:30 and didn't wrap up until 11 p.m.!  So. much. clothes.

But here's the thing: I found out that not only has Gigi been struggling with letting go of clothes (either things she bought, or things passed down, or designer things that she just couldn't let go), she has a hard time seeing items in her closet as separates.  She buys an "outfit" and the only thing she can wear with those pinstripe pants is the blue top she bought that "goes with it."  No wonder she had so much clothes!  In order to have some variety, she needed a whole other outfit!

BUT, she and I decided to save the lesson on mixing separates for another day, as there was far too much work to be done and we wanted Alina to be there for that.  We didn't even try the clothes on!  (Fit will also be part of the separate styling lesson.)  We just went through the categories and styles of things.  Gigi went from 15 pairs of khaki pants to maybe three or four; from 20 long sleeve shirts in every color, to one in each color.  It was a huge amount of progress, and she was such a trooper throughout the entire thing.

On an entirely unrelated noted, I'm just going to post some pretty dresses I'm eyeing (realistically and not so realistically) for my family's black tie Christmas Eve soiree!



Could be fun!  And is totally affordable.





alice + olivia from Neimans.  Pretty damn perfect.





Oooooo....a drool worthy St. John Collection dress, also from Neimans.
Imagine with some pink Louboutin's.  Ahh, dreamy!



I love this one.  DVF at Nordys.

Not to mention:








Lesson here?  I need to add some color!!

No comments:

Post a Comment