Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Home Improvement (Back on Track/Chairs Arrived/Flokati Rugs)

A pretty crazy last ten days with hurricanes, the big move, and the death of my Cuban grandfather.  There are so many things that go along with that -- friends and family in town, spending quality time with my aunts and uncles, helping Gigi move into her new house, playing with my nieces and nephews, late night chats, far too much wine, far too many tears, and the list goes on and on...

But after a very special few days, it's back to routine, which I have actually been very much looking forward to.

Last week, I received the chairs I ordered in the mail and finally was able to put them together and see if I liked them as much as I hoped I would.

And I do!

(Don't mind all the work that needs to be done on the back wall...)

The picture was taken with my phone, so not the best quality, but overall I am happy with them! 

This "living room" area is sort of tricky in terms of it's width.  The jute rug I originally planned to put here did not seem to work with the "dining room" rug you can see creeping into the photo on the left -- the space is just too narrow.

So the jute rug is now in the "bedroom," and this space has none.  Which is fine, but I do like better than fine.   I'm thinking something extra shaggy might warm up the space a lot, like a flokati rug.  Now, I know what you are thinking...'it will get so dirty' and 'that will be such a pain to clean,' but I don't know...I think I'd really like it.  Plus, I feel like generally speaking, large flokati rugs can be somewhat overwhleming, so this smaller spacewould be a great place to have one.  Ikea has a pretty reasonable one at $80.

Here are some inspiration photos:







What do you think?  Am I crazy or could this be great?



No comments:

Post a Comment