Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Home Improvement (Display Shelves)

Well let's start things up with a (very small) apartment update: I hung up my first two pieces of art on the wall on Friday night.  Ta-da!


And actually, since this picture was taken, Dad came over and we decided to move the throw pillows off of the zebra chairs (the chairs were more comfortable without them), and so now they are on the white chairs.  I want to find something small to hang over the thermostat, and then basically that space is done.

But, what isn't even close to done is...




Oh what, you didn't even notice that the mantle display that is more than just lacking or all that other art stacked up on the closed off fireplace or how awkward that mini rug looks?  I didn't think you'd notice.

But I'm talking, specifically, about the area behind the sofa. 


That nook that is practically begging to have shelves installed!

I still need to decide:

a) How to hang the shelves:



Centered and aligned?


Or maybe staggered?


Suggestions or comments?

b) Which shelves I'll buy, although as of now I'm thinking I'll go with basic white Ekby ones from Ikea, and then select some interesting brackets that I can maybe spray paint or just leave as is.
And then the fun stuff...figuring out how to decorate them!

So, [insert trusty sidekick name], to the internet for inspiration!













First step: plan a trip to Ikea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment