Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shout Out to One Beautiful Street

I've always known there was something special about Swann Street.  Seriously.  In years past I've made a point to walk down this street when in the area, just to admire the cute houses or walk along the extra-wide sidewalks.  There's just no denying it -- it's a cute street!

Truth be told, the last apartment I was in was on a super cute street too.  If you're ever in Georgetown, it's worth a walk down Avon Place and the surrounding side streets. 

They have similar feeling, both are one-way street, with pretty ginko trees along the sidewalks.  They attract young families that enjoy being within walking distance of parks and restaurants but still has a bit of a neighborhood feel to it.

So today, when Will sent me think link from a DC area blogger, noting the gorgeousness of Swann Street yesterday, I could only smile.  It really is a gorgeous street.

Also, a small, but quick apartment updated:

I moved the tall lamp over to one side of the sofa, like Jose suggested, and changed the lampshade from a beigey-turned-gray coolie style shade to a crisp, white drum shade, which dad gave to me.  I also (finally) bought a pillow form for the C. Wonder beetle cover, and bought some cute flora from Whole Foods.

So here's are some befores...





And here's an after (slightly different angle)...


This is what the old lamp shade used to look like (in the Adams Morgan apartment)...


You can't quite tell when the light was on/in this photo how discolored the lamp shade was, but trust me.  It needed to be replaced.

And I like it so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment