Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas Thank You Cards

After creating my homemade Christmas cards, my old man had the awesome suggestion of making thank you notes with the same motif, and of course I instantly loved the idea.  After all, I had already done the designing, I had so many supplies left over (envelopes, gold stars, sheets of cardstock), and it would be a relative breeze to put together.  Done!

So, while the Christmas cards were designed to be a portrait view...


I thought a good way to differentiate would be to make the thank yous in landscape, and make the written portion look like a postcard.



There were two things that went "wrong" -- 1) I didn't realize before I came up with the postcard idea that the gold star would definitely not stay on through the whole mailing process, so I sort of faked the whole post-card thing, and slipped them in envelopes anyway.  2) Once I knew I was going to put them in envelopes, I added a little Christmas tree on the backside of the card that I really wanted to put a stamp like border around, but I couldn't figure it out

I think they turned out cute, and if I make my Christmas cards again, I will definitely do corresponding thank you notes.  It really ties it together, doesn't it?!

Sidenote: I realize I used Doug and Rachelle's envelope as my picture in the original homemade Christmas card post.  Rachelle died on December 28th after a serious battle with cancer.  I can still hear her laugh.  She will be missed dearly.  

Tah tah, for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment