Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Unpacking

Remember how I had a super productive January 1?  Remember how the only thing I didn't do that night was unpack my bag from the beach?



Well, it's still not unpacked.

I despise unpacking.  And I have no idea why.  What's more?  Even if I don't like a particular task, I usually do it anyway because I like the outcome.  Example: I clean the bathroom, even though it's not my favorite thing to do, because I like seeing a clean bathroom while I do my makeup or brush my teeth, etc.

I have literally cleaned the apartment three times since I've been home from the beach.  And what do I do with the bag?  Move it around the apartment so I don't have to unpack.  Sometimes on top of the bed (i.e., while I vacuum).  Sometimes hidden in the closet (i.e., when company comes over).  Most of the time just behind a chair so that it doesn't bother me.

But, sometimes you need a public kick in the ass (i.e., a blog post) to get things done.

So, tonight, my friends, it ends.  That bag will get unpacked tonight!!


Tah tah, for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment