Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Best Thank You Gift Ever?

Aren't thank you notes, gifts, whatever the best?!

I truly love writing thank you notes and getting the perfect gift to match.  Not that it has to be expensive to be fabulous.  

Some of my favorite thank you gifts have been to friends' parents for letting me stay at their vacation homes (hey, I like to travel, but a 20-somethings budget usually only gets you the flight!)  After a Fourth of July at a friend's aunt and uncle's house in Cape Cod, I got a cute little notepad personalized with a nautical image and the name of the house on the top of each page.  I also got a kick out of giving miniature Adirondack chairs (doll house sized) to Patrick's parents after standing on (and breaking) their real-life sized one around their fire pit in Southwest Virginia.  I also added the name of their house to the arm rest, which made it even more personal.  It probably didn't make up for the fact that I broke one of their chairs, but still, I thought they'd laugh -- half the battle.

But isn't it fun to be on the receiving end of it too?!

That said, I wanted and expected absolutely nothing from Gigi after her wedding.  She thinks I was "a huge help" but what she refuses to hear is that it was not work at all for me.  I wanted to help!  It was fun and therapeutic and I loved that I was able to spend time and become even closer to her, her amazing now-husband, Kevin, and both her girls.  Seeing those two at Emma's First Communion and them just jumping up to give me a hug felt wonderful.  Before they had always been a little shy around me, polite, but shy.  And now?!  We're buds!  And I love it!  And it wouldn't have happened if Gigi hadn't allowed me to help.  Really, I am the one that owes her a thank you!

INSTEAD, she got me the most amazing thank you ever!

Ask any fashionista what the color of the moment is, and I guarantee they will tell you "mint!"  (OK, maybe some will start with emerald, but that was soooooo March.  I kid.)

But seriously, mint is such a great color, and not just because it's trendy.  Because it's gorgeous, universally flattering and fun!

So when she presented me with these....Ahh!


What's that, you ask?  Is there something more to them than just being amazingly mint and white cap toe flats?

Why yes....yes there is.  They are also adorable bunny faces.









They are just perfect!!  Can't wait to wear them!

1 comment: