Monday, July 1, 2013

bunting for the 4th!

I have been wanting to make cute triangle bunting for so long now.  It's actually pathetic that I hadn't done it.

But, with lots of red and blue scrap fabric from some cosmetic bags and other various projects (including this big one), I finally gave it a go.

Aside: if you read the about the dress I am making you'll notice a theme here -- lots of thought and talk about doing projects, then lots of putting off, and now, finally stepping up my game.  Couldn't be happier about that.

These pictures are so crummy (really need to get a camera), but I cannot even tell you how happy I was waking up to bunting in the apartment.  They will look even better at Camp for the 4th.




There are two layers of the same fabric for each triangle sewn together.  Then, just because I think it looks so cute, I used the pinking shears to trim the sides.  I then spaced them out  along 1" bias tape and sewed across the top.  Don't worry about exact distances between each flag.  Just eyeball it! 

Wah lah!





I am very much looking forward to the golf cart parade followed by the patriotic dress/costume potluck on the 4th.

If you recall, that dress I was making had a deadline...

No comments:

Post a Comment