Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Feeling Pretty Bad A$$

Despite not being able to move my legs due to incredible soreness, I am feeling pretty legit right now.  Why, you ask?  Let me tell you.

1) Monday night instead of hitting the pavement to log some miles in preparation for The 13.1, I decided to do the Day 1 Fit Test for that Insanity workout thing.  Can I just say that that program seems like no joke, and I really want to get into it.  I am hoping to work this into The 13.1 training by doing this on the off running days and consider it my strength training, but it may get to be too much.  Maybe I just have to plan to do this after March 16th, we'll see.

2) Tuesday night was cold and wet and gross outside.  Dixie was giving me her usual "please don't make me go outside in this freezing rain just to do my business!," but I was all "Oh, we're going outside." And she was all "..."  And I was all "..."

Aside: It's these crazy moments that I think I am not supposed to live alone.

Anywhos, Dixie and I went on a not-so-fun-for-either-of-us walk, during which I seriously thought about bagging the two miles I was supposed to log today.  I thought, you know...I'll just run for four miles tomorrow at the office, inside on the comfort of a treadmill with a TV where it's not rainy and gross.  I also thought 'Two miles?  I can definitely do that, so no need to tonight when it's so nasty out.'  I could have gone on with the excuses, but I had done something knowing I would try to talk myself out of it.  I had already put on all my running gear.  Take it off without having worked out?  Seems lame.

So after our walk, I grabbed a rain jacket to throw on top of the fleece vest, started Map My Run, and got Pandora streaming "All of the Lights" by Kanye.  And you know what?  I went running!  At NIGHT.  In the COLD.  In the RAIN.  A year ago you would be hard pressed to find me checking the mail in the cold rain.  Today?  I ran!!






Nerd accomplishment that made me pretty freakin' proud of myself.  I must say, the looks I got while running were the looks I usually give others who run in the rain.  "Really?  Had to run today?  In the cold rain?"  But now I see that sometimes the answer to that obnoxious, sarcastic question is "Yes.  I had to."

Now I just need to warm the legs up enough to log today's 3 miles.

Woo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment