Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Morther's Day Weekend!

Over the last twelve months, my mom has been a tremendous help to and supporter of me.*  And this past year, I needed it.



I can feel her unconditional love and generosity constantly.  It comes in so many forms.  One example is her generosity to watch Dixie.  Whether it was for a month when I was moving or for two weeks when I just couldn’t handle it, or the various times I skipped town for a few days to be with friends, Mami would always take her in with a smile, even if it was a small burden.  

Mami has calmed my thoughts and concerns.  She’s never questioned my capability to persevere.  She’s intuitive and smart.  I love how she appreciates clever designs or gadgets, and she loves a good play on words.  She knows my strengths and my weaknesses, and despite it all, still likes to hang out with me!

I am so looking forward to spending Sunday with the three matriarchs in my life: my Mami, Abuelin, and Mimi.

Me, Abuelin and Mami from Christmas2011.

Old timer photo of Mimi, some baby I am related to (anyone?), Uncle Pete and Aunt Alice


Hope you enjoy either spending the day with or celebrating the moms in your lives.

Cheers, also to all you other mothers who mean the world to me, especially: Mari, Margot, Gigi, all my aunties and great aunties, and cousins.  You have no idea how much I have learned from each of you – both the triumphs and the mistakes (seriously!!).








*I’m sure Mami will say something like “I’ve always been a help and a supporter, not just in the past twelve months.”  Yes, Mami, I agree.  I am just trying to isolate the past year, OK?

1 comment: